Rt Rev. Chamberlain C. Ogunedo,M.sc, JP
The Cathedral of St. Michael & All Angels is a landmark in Ezinihitte-Mbaise, an important part of the city’s heritage. However, the Cathedral is much more than a alluring landmark building. It is also the mother church of the Anglican Diocese of Mbaise and home to a spirited and inclusive sacramental community, which cherishes excellent liturgy, music and preaching.
We welcome visitors and would love to have you join us in one of our church services.
Our Services on Sundays & During the week
7:30 AM – Children’s Service
8:00 AM – Pre-Matins Bible Study
9:15 am – Matins Service
4;00 pm -A.C.M. Class
4:00 PM – Anglican Youth Fellowship
4:00 PM –DHU
4:00 pm – EFAC Prayer band
4:00 PM –Choir Practice
4:00 PM – Bible Study Class
4:00 PM – Follow-Up Class
6:00 AM – Adult Bible Class
4:00 PM –Choir Practice
7: 00 am – Compound work
6:00 PM – Service Preparatary
Watch Sermons online
Diocesan News & Events
DIOCESE OF MBAISE
BISHOP’SENGAGEMENT FOR THE MONTHS OF OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2019.
BISHOP’S ENGAGEMENT FOR THE MONTHS OF OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2019.
BISHOP’S ENGAGEMENT FOR THE MONTHS OF OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2019.
1.Tue: Nigeria Independence Day.
5. Sat. Presidential Address-Diocese of Owerri
6. Sun. TRINITY 16: Change of Pulpit and Diocesan Crusade Awareness in all Churches.
10. Thur. Burial of late Sir Ebenezer Okafor at
Okpunor Awka. (b) Diocesan City Wide Crusade begins at Itu 5pm.
11. Fri. Diocesan Crusade Seminar
12. Sat. Diocesan Singing Competition at Ahaira
11am (b) Presidential Address Dioceses of Ikeduru and Aba Ngwa North.
13. Sun. TRINITY 17:
14. Mon. Presidential Address
Diocese of Abakiliki
16. Wed Dedication of St. Peter’s Vicarage Itu 1pm.
17. Thur. Dedication of House built by the Diocesan women Ministry for Mr. & Mrs. Maxwell Nwachukwuguru at Ife,
19. Sat. Presidential Address –Dioceses of Okigwe, Isiala Ngwa and Ihiala.
20. Sun. TRINITY
18: 20th Anniversary Celebration –Diocese of Ideator. (b)
Diocesan Women Conference Awareness Sunday in all Churches.
21. Mon. Diocesan Clergy Workshop at Our Saviour’s
Church Ndigbo Uvuru, 10am.
23. Wed.Foundation Stone Laying at Amumara Farm
24. Thur. Diocesan Women Conference begins at
St.Peter’s Church Itu Ezinihitte.
25. Fri. Presidential Address Diocese of Nsukka .
26. Sat. Diocesan Women Conference Presidential Address.
27. Sun.TRINITY 19: Conference Thanksgiving Service at St. Peter’s Church Itu, 10am.
28. Mon. Presidential Address Diocese of Isimbano.
30. Wed. Bishop’s Meeting with the Education Committee @ the Bishop’s Office 1pm.
31. Thur. Diocesan EFAC Convention begins at Obohia.
1. Fri. ALL SAINTS DAY:
(a)Presidential Address – Diocese Of Egbu at Awaka Owerri (b) Burial of Late Mrs. Comfort Iroakazi at
St.Peter’s Church Ubonukam Onicha 11am.
2. Sat. ALL SOULS DAY: Wedding at St. Michael’s Cathedral Aba.
3. Sun.TRINITY 20:(a) Diocesan EFAC Convention thanksgiving
10am. (b) Grand reception of Rt. Revd. Chukwuma Opara Ph.D at ADJS Mberi 1:00pm
4. Mon. Owerri
Provincial Clergy Conference @ Cathedral Church of St. Michael & All Angels Ife 10am.
7.Thur. Burial of Late Mama Cecilia Nwakwuo at St. Paul’s Church Chokoneze 11am
9.Sat. Diocesan Board and Finance Board @ St. Georges Church Lorji 10am.
10. Sun. TRINITY 21:
11. Mon. DIVCON at Abuja
12. Tue DIVCON
13. Wed. DIVCON at Abuja
14. Thur. DIVCON at Abuja
15. Fri. (a) DIVCON at Abuja. (b) Burial of late Mrs. Matilda Ukoma @ St. Peter’s Church Onicha 11am.
16. Sat.Burial of late Mrs. Abigail Ulunma Onuoha @ St. Paul’s Church Chokoneze.
17. Sun. SECOND SUN BEFORE ADVENT: Confirmation
& Admission at St. Simon’s Church Ogbor Uvuru 10am. (b)
7th Consecration Anniversary Thanksgiving of Rt. Rev. Manasses Okere @ Isiukwuato/Umunneochie
20. Wed. Diocesan Clergy Workshop @ Church of Pentecost Amumara 10am
22. Fri. Burial of Late Ven. Simon Odoemena @ St. Paul’s Church Chokoneze 11am.
23. Sat.Diocesan Singing Competition for Grade one Choirs @ St. Peter’s Church Ubonukam Onicha.
24. Sun. SUNDAY BEFORE ADVENT: (a) InstallationThanksgiving of the Rev. Canon Everestus Nwaiwu @ St. Paul’s Church Onicha Combined. (b)Enthronement of the 3rd Bishop of Orlu @ SS Peter & John Cathedral Nkwerre.
27. Wed.Confirmation & Admission @ St. Matthias Akpodim, 11am
28. Thur. Burial of Late Mrs. Lilian Iweajunwa at St. Peter’s Church Ubonukam Onicha 11am.
30. Sat. (a) Diocesan 27th Anniversary /Harvest @ St. Matthew’s Church Ngurukwu 10am.
(b) Presidential Address–Diocese of Eha –Amufu
1. Sun. ADVENT SUNDAY:
5. Thur. (a) Burial of Pa Michael E. Uruakpa at St. John’s
Church Amator 11am. (b) Ordination Retreat begins @ the
6. Fri. Ordination Retreat
7. Sat. (a) Silver Jubilee wedding Anniversary of Sir
Prof & Lady Emma Inyama @ The Chapel of the Holy Spirit IMSU Owerri, 11am. (b) Ordination Rehearsal @ the Cathedral
8. Sun. ADVENT 2: Advent Ordination @ the Cathedral 10am.
9. Mon. Diocesan Clergy Workshop @ All Saints Church Umuekewne Onicha South Parish.
12. Thur. Burial of late Mrs Keziah Ugorji @ St. Peter’s Ubonukam Onicha 11am.
14. Sat. Diocesan Carols with Nine Lessons at the Cathedral 2pm.
15. Sun. ADVENT 3:
18. Wed. Confirmation & Admissions @ St. John’s Church Amumara 11am
20. Fri. Wedding of Bishop Ukanwa’s Daughter at CATOL, Owerri 11am.
21. Sat. Diocesan Clergy & Wives Get-together with indigents at the Bishop’ Court 12noon.
22. Sun. ADVENT 4: (a) Golden Jubilee wedding Anniversary of Sir & Lady Godwin Anokwu @ St. Peter’s Church Mbutu 10am. (b)Retirement thanksgiving of Rev. Boniface Akubueze @ St. James Ihittaforukwu 10:00am.
24. Tue. Family Thanksgiving of Ven. & Mrs. Christian Ukabiala @ St. Peter’ Church Mbutu 10am.
25.Wed. CHRISTMAS DAY: Service in all Churches. The Bishop in his Cathedral 10:00am.
26.Thur. ST. STEPHEN’S DAY: (a) Dedication of All Saints Church Umuhu Okwuator 10am (b) Silver Jubilee Ordination Anniversary of Rev Emma Isiguzo @ All Saints Uvuru.
27.Fri. ST. JOHN’S DAY:
(a)Bishop’s Fellowship Breakfast meeting @ the Chapel 7:00am
(b)Silver Jubilee Ordination anniversary of the Rev Canon Godfrey C. Nnaji @ St. Matthew’s Ngurukwu 10am.(c) Golden Jubilee Wedding Anniversary of HRH Sir JoeBenz Ochulor @ Immanuel Church, Otulu Amumara 10am.
28. Sat. HOLY INNOCENTS DAY: Diocesan Board, Finance &
Appointment Board at H T C Eziudo 10am.
29. Sun. SUNDAY AFTER CHRISTMAS: Silver Jubilee Ordination Anniversary of Ven. ChimenkaIwuoha at St. Georges Church Lorji. (b) Family thanksgiving of Rt. Rev. A. I. S. Nwaizuzu.
30. Mon. Retirement Thanksgiving of Ven. C. N. S. Iroapali at St. Thomas Church Udo 10am.
31. Tue. (a) Centenary thanksgiving and Celebration of St.
Andrew’s Church Obizi 10a (b) Silver Jubilee ordination Anniversary of Rev Canon Basil Njoku at St Paul’s Church Isiala Oparanadim 10am.
(c) 10th year Anniversary of Christ Church Egberemiri Eziudo 10am.
1. Wed. NEW YEAR DAY: New Year thanksgiving in all Churches.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.
RT.REVD CHAMBERLAIN CHINEDUM OGUNEDO, M.Sc, JP.
BISHOP,DIOCESE OF MBAISE
CHRISTMAS MESSAGE DEVLIVERED BY HIS LORDSHIP, THE RT. REVD.CHAMBERLAIN CHINEDUM OGUNEDO JP, BISHOP, DIOCESE OF MBAISE AT THE CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF ST. MICHAEL & ALL ANGELS IFE EZINIHITTE MBAISE ON DECEMBER 14,2019.
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit-Amen
Dear people of God.
We are overwhelmed with joy and filled with thanksgiving to God, the Almighty, who has graciously led us to this day, amidst the changes and chances of life. Our God is Good; ever sure Helper in times of need and despair. He is consistent; unchangeable, dependable; faithful and just and above all, desires the best for us through His Son, our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. We magnify the Name of the Lord, who has not left us without consolation. He is indeed a loving God.
The theme of our message “Do not be afraid” Luke 2:10-11, underscores a timely, apt and contemporary discourse that no doubt touches the affairs of our life; a panacea for our decaying world; a hope for the hopeless and healing for the sick. Life is engulfed in fear; an optical illusion that usually creates curiosity and tension. Fear is the feeling of despondence; wretchedness and hopelessness. It denotes a loss of focus and vision; an utter dismay that often embarrasses and throws humanity into a limbo.
Man is dangerously faced with insecurity; the menace of Boko-Haram and the atrocities of the Fulani Herdsmen; Kidnapping and Armed robbery; Political bickerings; Religious intolerance, Joblessness and devastating hunger; Ritual murder and other vicious crimes that endanger the well being and essence of life.
There is great yawning for redemption and salvation of our Lord, to better the cause of mankind. This no doubt, brings despair or frustration; a state of being at the cross-road.
The appearance of the Angel of the Lord to the shepherds who kept watch over their sheep at night and the glory of the Lord that shone around them was significantly divine; a harbinger of good fortune; a new dawn that brings succour and confidence amidst the uncertainties of life; a reassurance of the eventual emancipation from bondages, of principalities and powers; and of sufferings and failures.
The declaration of the Angel of the Lord to the Shepherds “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David, a Saviour who is Christ the Lord“ Luke 2:10-11, is a timely intervention that introduces the presence of God, the King of glory into all human situations; availing in Power and Prevalent above everything that negates the purpose of God. God is not separated from us; He is aware of all that we are passing through and cares above all, that He has given us His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour; the Good tiding that gives joy and hope to mankind.
At Christmas, we celebrate this joy and peace to the world; Jesus Christ, our Burden Carrier, the hope of eternity. He is our Healer; Restorer, king, Master and Friend. Christ is the ANSWER to every life’s challenges, impediments and weaknesses. He is the Redeemer of our souls.
Let us therefore eschew bitterness and rancour, avarice and greed, religious intolerance and banditry; ritual killings and unwanton destruction of lives and property and embrace this timeless gift of great joy that gives life in abundance and endless hope of enduring peace and longevity.
May we celebrate Christmas with love; sharing with one another the goodness of God’s benevolence; living the life of Christ and remembering that Christ has come and finished the work of redemption, died for the consequences of our transgressions and rose in glory; ascended and will surely come again. May this hope renew and restore our minds in the knowledge of Christ, the hope of glory.
We wish you a joyful Christmas season and a prosperous new year
RT. REVD. CHAMBERLAIN C. OGUNEDO JP
Bishop, Diocese of Mbaise.